Prepare for Enhanced CPD with Dentology Training
ONE of the country’s leading dental training centres is urging dentists to comply with the General Dental Council’s Enhanced CPD Scheme. The initiative – which makes it compulsory for all GDC members to have a Personal Development Plan – started on 1 January 2018 for dentists. Dental care professionals must be compliant by August 1st 2018.
Specifically, GDC members must adhere to the following scheme requirements (taken from the GDC’s website):
The requirement for all dental professionals to have a personal development plan (PDP);
- An increase in the number of verifiable hours for most professional titles and the requirement to spread the hours more evenly across the five year cycle;
- Dental professionals no longer have to declare non-verifiable CPD to the GDC;
- The requirement to make an annual statement of CPD hours completed, even if zero hours have been completed for that year;
- The requirement to align CPD activity with specific development outcomes;
- The requirement for professionals to plan CPD activity according to their individual ‘field(s) of practice’.
Dentists need to complete 100 hours of Enhanced CPD every cycle, with a minimum of 10 hours of Enhanced CPD every two years.
Get Compliant With Dentology Training
All Dentology Training courses are Enhanced CPD compliant.
“As a responsible training organisation, Dentology Training has taken the necessary efforts to make its courses Enhanced CPD compliant,” explains Vivek Gupta, CEO of Dentology Training. “This means our courses are independently quality assured, have robust assessments and are regularly improved through feedback methods. These are in line with the Enhanced CPD guidance for providers. Those who have recently completed a Dentology Training course will be able to include it within their Personal Development Plan. If you have any questions about this, please get in touch with a member of our team.”
Approved EduQual Centre
As an approved EduQual centre, Dentology Training courses lead to a variety of Level 7 Postgraduate Certificates and Diplomas. This means the organisation is committed to investing heavily in resources, while maintaining robust assessment and internal quality assurance procedures. These standards are the responsibility of Dentology Training’s senior management team.
Postgraduate Certificates & Diplomas
Dentists who want to establish a clear career path should consider registering for one of Dentology Training’s courses:
- PG Certificate in Restorative Dentistry
- PG Certificate in Operative Dentistry
- PG Certificate in Aesthetic Dentistry
- PG Certificate in Dental Implantology
- PG Diploma in Prosthodontics
- PG Diploma in Aesthetic Dentistry
- PG Diploma in Restorative Dentistry
- PG Diploma in Implant Prosthodontics
Dentology Training courses are now more accessible, as the centre offers interest-free finance to dentists. This allows dentists to spread their course costs over a set period of time. For more information about Dentology Training, please visit www.tiptontraining.co.uk or call +44 (0)161 348 7848.